This tasty side dish is a great companion to foods cooked on the
grill. Its easy to make and full of flavor.
Tip: To save a little time you can purchase shredded cabbage
at the grocery store.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded or chopped (4 cups)
- 1 small carrot, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- Mix all ingredients except cabbage, carrot and onion in a large
glass or plastic bowl. Add remaining ingredients, toss until
- Cover and refrigerate as least 1 hour to blend flavors. Cover
and refrigerate any remaining salad.