Coconut Key Lime Pie
Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
1 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs. Add the butter
and mix well to moisten the crumb mixture.
3. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until
lightly browned. Cool the shell on a rack; then refrigerate to set the crumbs before filling.
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (or about 4-6 squeezed limes)
1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
1. Combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and coconut in a bowl and stir well.
2. Pour the custard into the baked pie shell and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight for the custard to set.
3. Garnish the top with concentric circles of kiwi (optional).
Ginger Cream Topping:
1 Cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp candied ginger, finely chopped
1. When ready to serve, prepare the topping. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream and sugar until thickened.
Add the candied ginger and beat to stiff peaks.
2. Blanket the pie with the ginger cream and present.
Enough topping for one pie.
Preparing the crust
Filling in the pie