Sauteed in Beer
(Click for recipe)
This is a very hearty meal that should satisfy the
most hungry appetite.
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 loin pork chops (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Pinch each of dried thyme, savory, basil, and dill
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 fresh red bell pepper or pimiento, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pale Ale
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Lightly salt and pepper the chops, on each side brush with the mustard, and sprinkle generously with some of the paprika and the
- Brown the chops over medium-high heat in the butter in a heavy frying pan 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan, and fry until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and the remaining paprika, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the red pepper (or pimiento), and saute briefly.
- Arrange the chops over the vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and pour in the ale. Try not to pour the ale on the
- Cover, and cook over low heat 45 minutes or until the meat is done (155-160 F on a meat thermometer).
- Transfer the chops to a warm platter.
- Reduce the sauce until it is just a syrup.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the optional sour cream.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce and vegetables over the chops and serve with buttered rice.